THE POSSIBLE LINK BETWEEN PLASTIC AND BREAST CANCER



We constantly get daily reminders in the newspapers or on the TV about the damaging toxins that are released when plastic is heated up. Sadly, as our lives get busier, we often have less time to stop and really digest the long term damage we are doing to our bodies by using plastic on a daily basis.

We heat our food in the microwave in plastic containers, we sometimes even double the risk by covering it with cling wrap, and as the food is heated to high temperatures the poisonous toxins are released and we ingest them with our food.

The biggest cause for concern is the ongoing reports on how this dangerous toxins are being linked to breast cancer. The plastic releases a chemical called dioxin that is claimed may be found in breast cancer tissue. This is a highly dangerous chemical that can have devastating effects on our bodies.

One very common mistake we make on a daily basis, is leaving our plastic bottles in the car, this is especially dangerous for us living here in Australia with our extreme heat.

We use plastic without even thinking about it these days as TV dinners, frozen meal, drinks and many more products are packaged in a “convenient” way and we often just don't think to remove them prior to heating.

A glass/stainless steel drink bottle is a purchase that can appear an unnecessary purchase initially, but the sustainability and health benefits go way beyond the purchase cost.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERY DAUGHTER/WIFE/FRIEND AS A REMINDER OF THE HEALTH RISKS PLASTIC IS HAVING ON OUR LONG TERM HEALTH RELATING TO BREAST CANCER.

Leave a comment